SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE. Full employee benefits and 9% annual 403(b) contribution are included along with generous paid vacation and holidays.
All Saints' Episcopal Church in Midtown Atlanta is seeking to replace our Facilities Manager who is retiring after over 18 years of dedication. Do you have what it takes to fill some very big shoes?
The purpose of our Facilities Manager position is to serve the church by providing overall direction for the proper care and maintenance of the property, and management of other business affairs relating to the church buildings and grounds. He or she would be expected to perform the following tasks:
1. Provide leadership and supervision of staff and volunteers involved in this ministry.
2. Manage the maintenance and upkeep of all buildings, grounds and landscaping. Manage the maintenance and upkeep of all environmental (mechanical / electrical / lighting / HVAC / fire & life safety, etc.) security controls.
3. Coordinate with appropriate committees, contractors, architects, and state and local agencies, as needed, to facilitate renovation or relocation of facilities.
4. Coordinate and monitor the purchasing of equipment, furniture, maintenance supplies, kitchen supplies, and other items related to facilities.
5. Research and evaluate all financial commitments and contracts as they relate to buildings and grounds, on-going maintenance, and security.
6. Process and approve in a timely manner all expense invoices relating to buildings and grounds operations.
7. Develop and provide input into the facility operations budget. Review and manage on an on-going basis the actual expenditures versus the budgeted amounts.
8. Provide regular written reports on the status of buildings & grounds activities, the status of on-going maintenance, and status of special non-recurring construction/renovation .
9. Work with Buildings and Grounds committee, and other appropriate committees, officers, and leaders in carrying out the care and maintenance of the property of the church.
10. Oversee team and directly operate livestream of Sunday morning services every week, and adult formation forums as scheduled.
Preferred qualifications include Technical College, Bachelor's Degree in related field, and/or professional certifications in the field of building management and technology. Experience with multiple HVAC Systems and Historic Buildings is a plus! Minimum requirements include High School diploma and 10 years progressive building management experience.
We would love to incorporate new technology into our facilities functions, so experience with choosing, implementing, and operating new technology would make you an outstanding candidate.
You must be able to use the Microsoft Office Suite via Office 365 and have good communication skills. You would be expected to work closely with church members so a kind, cordial attitude is a must.
All Saints' Episcopal Church is a large church in both physical plant and congregational size. Our location spans an entire city block in Midtown Atlanta bordered by West Peachtree Street, North Avenue, Spring Street, and Ponce de Leon. We are diverse group of people, welcoming all to share in our worship, mission, ministry, and parish life.